30 Christmas Pictures To Get You Writing ‘Tis Jolly Season
Christmas images play a huge role during ‘tis jolly season. Think about, all those greeting cards you’re looking for, the inspiration you need to decorate your home or even how to lay your table. Christmas pictures inspire everything. Now, while you’re busy with the grown up stuff, let your kids be inspired this magical season too! These 30+ Christmas pictures are perfect to encourage your kids to do some Christmas holiday writing. We got some funny pictures of Santa, reindeers and even pictures of scenes to inspire your kids with their Christmas writing.
Christmas Pictures to Inspire You
These are some Christmas images I came across on the internet, they are all free to download and you can use them wherever you like. I thought they could be really handy in helping children write their Christmas stories or to encourage them to write during the Christmas break.
How to use these Christmas Images
Here are some ideas on how you can use these Christmas images to inspire you:
- Choose one image and set yourself a time limit. In that time-limit write as many words or sentences that come into your head when you look at the image. You might think about what it reminds you of, is there a story behind it and how it makes you feel.
- Or you can simply focus on what the image looks like and try to write as many adjectives to describe that picture. You can describe the colours, shapes and any little details you see.
Want some more fun ways to use these Christmas pictures? Take a look at these 8 fun story-telling games using image prompts.
Questions for Discussion
It can be really hard to think of ideas or of anything to write down. Here are some questions or tips that might help you:
- What do you see in the image?
- Where is this place?
- Is it magical?
- If you were standing there, how would you feel?
- What’s the history behind the photo?
- Is it a good or evil place?
- What secrets are hidden here?
Christmas Images for Greeting Cards Activity
We got a brilliant Christmas writing activity for you. Using these Christmas pictures which are free to download, print out your favourite Christmas image. Cut around the image and stick it to a piece of paper which is folded in half and voila you got your very own Christmas greeting card! Now you can personalise it by adding a personal message inside and then give it to a friend or family member.
For more Christmas fun, take a look at our pop up Christmas card tutorial for kids.