Today is world origami day! Origami is the Japanese art of folding paper into various creative things, such as animals and flowers. Here’s a quick origami fact – Did you know that in Japan a paper crane is considered a symbol of peace! To celebrate this wonderful day I have created an easy origami fox tutorial, so you too can get involved:
What you will need:
- Square origami paper
1. Fold the square origami paper in half to form a triangle:
2. Fold this triangle in half again:
3. For the final time fold the paper in half to form yet another triangle:
4. Now fold another smaller triangle, as shown:
5. Then turn the paper over and fold another triangle, to create a much smaller triangle:
6. Your origami fox should now look like this:
7. Next, create the fox’s tail by folding the end of the triangle (see image):
8. To create the fox’s body create a crease on the left side of the paper, as shown:
9. Open up the crease and fold the middle section forward to create the fox’s face, as shown in the image:
10. Finally, add the small details on the fox’s face with a pen and your origami fox is done!
Have fun with creating this cute little origami fox and you can find more amazing tutorials here! Happy Origami Day 2015!