I love everything about owls, their intelligence, the way they hunt at night and sleep during the day. Even the annoying sound of them hooting that wakes you up at five in the morning! That’s why today I am going to show you how to make an easy paper owl bookmark. This can be used when reading your favourite stories or to give as a gift to a friend or family member.
Easy Paper Owl Bookmark Tutorial:
What you will need:
- One square paper of any colour
- White, black and any other coloured paper for the eyes and wings
- Orange paper for the beak
- Pencil or pen for details
1. Firstly halve the square piece of paper to make a triangle:
2. Next, halve the triangle twice from both ends to make a diamond shape as shown in the image:
3. Open the diamond shape up and fold the middle shape into a triangle:
4. This is the tricky bit. Tuck the two triangles on the side into the middle pocket to make a diamond shape, see image:
5. Finally, ask an adult to cut out some circles for the eyes and glue them on. Next cut out the beak and some wings for the owl. Then with a pen or pencil add some details of the owl’s feathers and any other final details you want. Now your paper owl bookmark is complete and ready for use!
Why not make a whole set of different coloured owls for all your books. You could also make a paper monster bookmark instead of owls. Click here to see a tutorial on making a paper monster bookmark. Also as a bonus tutorial click here to make a Minion inspired paper bookmark!
See you next time with more fun activities!