30 June Writing Prompts + FREE Calendar Printable
The long-awaited June writing prompts are here. This month the theme is, great outdoors and camping (You might also be interested in these outdoor writing activities)! We have also included a mix of reflective June journal prompts. As well as a range of creative story prompts about camping, cupcakes and juggling clowns. Keep reading to get your free June prompts calendar printable.
Did you manage to complete our May writing challenge?
June Writing Prompts
Enjoy nature and more with these 30 fun June prompts designed to inspire you this month:
- Make a list of at least ten nice things you can say to someone new.
- Write a newspaper article titled, “The Fastest Kid on Earth”.
- Write a short story about a child who finds an old bicycle, and turns it into the most amazing bicycle in the world.
- Describe the most delicious and most stunning doughnut ever seen.
- Write a rhyming poem about riding a hot air balloon.
- What is your favourite outdoor activity and why?
- Plan your dream camping trip. What items would you pack? Where would you camp? Who would you take with you?
- Make a list of at least five ways to protect the ocean.
- Write down a scary campfire story that includes these objects: A balloon, a heart-shaped rock and a rubber duck.
- Describe a fantasy world that is made purely out of candy. Think about the houses, the streets and the people in this candy world.
- Pick a fallen leaf or a rock from the ground, and describe this in great detail.
- Tell the story of the worst camping trip in the history of all camping trips.
- Write a ‘how-to’ guide on how to put up a tent for camping.
- After baking the most perfect cupcake, it comes alive. Continue this story.
- Write a nature journal entry about your favourite insect living in its natural habitat.
- Draw and describe your dream garden. Will it be filled with flowers? What type of plants will you grow? What furniture will you add?
- Create an A to Z list of healthy food to eat.
- Write a short story from the perspective of an ant sitting on a picnic blanket.
- Describe the life of a clown who has been juggling non-stop for nearly a year (apart from when they are asleep).
- Would you rather go camping in the forest or spend a day at the beach? Explain your answer.
- Write a song about blue skies on a summer’s day.
- Make a list of at least ten animals you would find in the rainforest. You could even create a fact file for each animal.
- What is your favourite insect and why?
- Write a heart-warming poem about fairies in the garden.
- A scavenger hunt in the woods ends badly when items on the list start coming alive. Continue this story.
- What’s the best and worst part about camping?
- Write a short story that includes: A pineapple, sunglasses, and a cabin in the woods.
- Write an acrostic poem using the word, Camping.
- During a camping trip, you get lost in the woods and discover a secret cave. Continue this story.
- If you saw a shooting star, what would you wish for and why?
Looking for more June writing prompts? Check out our post on 365 daily writing prompts.
FREE June Writing Prompts Calendar Printable
Ready to complete our June writing challenge? Print out our free June Writing prompts calendar for 2021 and get started:
Can you complete all 30 June writing prompts? Let us know in the comments below!