10 New Year’s Writing Prompts For Kids
The start of a new year is a brilliant time for reflection and writing down your thoughts. Not only can you write about your favourite moments of last year, but you can also look forward and write about the future. The ending of a year is also a very magical moment, as signifies the start of something new and changes. Making it the perfect time to start some writing! Of course, we all need a little inspiration now and then and that’s where our new year’s writing prompts come in handy! We have created a range of 10 New Year’s writing prompts for kids to encourage them to reflect and to write some fun stories!
New Year’s Writing Prompts:
- The clock strikes twelve and BANG! Something has changed… continue the story.
- How would you describe a fireworks display? Think about the colours, the sounds and your feelings.
- Time is frozen! A new year will never begin unless you…
- What were your best moment/s of last year and your worst moment?
- What are your goals for the next 12 months and why are they important to you? Try and list 5 goals or resolutions for 2018.
- If you could do one thing again, what would it be?
- The last day of 2017 keeps repeating itself, over and over again! How will time fix itself?
- You are planning a New Year’s Eve party. What will you do? Provide all the details, including food, entertainment, attendee list etc.
- It’s the first day of 2018, you wake up and find that everyone has disappeared. The date on your calendar reads January 0th! Continue the story…
- Describe how you and your family celebrated New Year’s Eve.
We would love to read your ideas based on our new year’s writing prompts! Share your ideas or new years stories in the comments below or using the #imagineforest on social media.