10 Inspiring Quotes From The Little Prince
The iconic story of The Little Prince turns 75 years old this week! Can you believe that it was first published in April 6th 1943? And today it is still one of the most read children’s books in history! Even as a grown up I still love reading this charming story about a pilot’s discovery of a young boy, named The Little Prince. The Little Prince teaches him of some important life lessons that he learnt through his intergalactic journey across many planets. What I love most about this book is all the inspirational quotes included to inspire the young and the old to reflect on their lives. If you haven’t yet read this story, I highly recommend you pop to your local library or purchase it from a bookshop. Here are 10 inspiring quotes from The Little Prince that I absolutely love!
Do you love reading? Check out this post on over 100 reading quotes for kids.
Inspiring quotes from The Little Prince
1. “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
2. “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.”
3. “It is such a mysterious place, the land of tears.”
4. “Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.”
5. “Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.”
6. “You’re beautiful, but you’re empty…One couldn’t die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you.”
7. “And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me. You will always be my friend.”
8. “All grown-ups were once children, but only few of them remember it.”9. “It’s the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important.”
10. “You become responsible, forever for what you have tamed.”
What is your favourite Little Prince quote?
Which have these inspiring quotes from The Little Prince is your favourite? Do you know any more inspirational quotes from children’s books? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.