The summer holidays are approaching or maybe already here for some of you! And what better way to spend your summer holidays than perfecting your writing skills with our amazing summer writing challenge! That’s 31 days of summer writing prompts to keep you writing for a good whole month! Get out your notebook and pencil and put your brain into creative mode, as each day you will be completing a creative writing exercise. By the end of the 31 days, you will have nifty little collection of summer stories to tell your friends or keep as inspiration for future masterpieces! You can download our summer writing challenge printable here or see the list below of the 31 days of summer writing prompts.
31 days of Summer Writing Prompts
- Make a bucket list of things you want to this summer.
- Write about your last day at school before summer break.
- Write an acrostic poem using the word ‘summer’
- Write a day in the life story about being a shark.
- Write a haiku about sandcastles.
- Write a journal entry about finding treasure.
- Write a film review.
- Write about your dream holiday.
- Story Starter: My kingdom of sand where I spend my days…
- Write about life in ice cream land
- You find a strange create on the beach – describe it.
- If you could fly anywhere where would you go?
- Story Starter: I went to the pool one day and saw…
- Write a short story about the sun.
- Can you write a six word story about flamingos.
- What would you do if you owned an island?
- Write a news article about flooding in a nearby city.
- Write a book review.
- What would it be like to live underwater?
- Write a short biography of your life in the past 2 years
- What is your favourite summer activity?
- Go for walk and write down everything you see.
- Write a poem about summer holidays.
- Write a travel guide about living in your area.
- Write a journal entry about swimming with the sharks.
- Write a letter to your best friend in another country.
- Write a short description about your dream world.
- Write instructions to making your favourite recipe.
- Write a short story about coconuts, monkeys and hermit crabs.
- Story starter: One day, I ate a watermelon seed and…
- Write about the worst summer holiday ever!
More Summer Writing Prompts for Kids:
Did you enjoy this? Then don’t stop here, join the Story Saturday community to see more spectacular writing prompts for kids! There’s a new writing challenge every week! You can even share your stories in the comments below or use the hashtag #imagineforest on Twitter to share your stories!