Top 10 quotes from children’s books
Most grown-ups don’t realise it, but the greatest life lessons can be learnt from children’s books. It is important to appreciate these quotes and not to forget them when growing up.
Here are my top 10 favourite quotes from the children’s books I used to read and still do read:
Quotes from children’s books:
1. “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.” – The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
2. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
3. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! by Dr. Seuss
4. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – The Twits by Roald Dahl (More Roald Dahl Quotes)
5. “Grab a chance and you won’t be sorry for a might-have-been.” – We Didn’t Mean To Go To Sea by Arthur Ransome
6. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” ― Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
7. “True courage is in facing danger when you are afraid” – The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
8. When things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew. Just go right along. You’ll start happening too. – Oh, The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
9. “The greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.” – The Minpins by Roald Dahl
10. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” ― Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
What quotes inspire you from your favourite childhood classics? View more quotes from childrens books on my Pinterest.