ENDED: Write a Short Story Competition for Kids (Dr. Seuss Day 2018)
Out of all the writers in the world, Dr. Seuss is the one we love the most (no offence to the many talented authors out there)! The first book I remember reading was Green Eggs and Ham and how I loved it. It was the very reason I continued reading more books as a child, looking for more knowledge, more worlds to explore and more inspiration to absorb. That’s why for Dr. Seuss Day, we are kicking off our first ever writing competition for young writers, Write a Short Story Competition. We hope to get more children writing for pleasure and experiencing the joy of reading (Just as Dr. Seuss aimed to). To simply enter our competition follow the guidelines below.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED!
Write a Short Story Competition Guidelines:
The aim of our short story competition is to write about anything you love, whether it’s monsters, food, sports, fairies, talking animals… Let your imagination go wild, kids! We would love to see stories, with humour, with conflict and more importantly stories that keep us reading over and over again! To enter our competition follow these guidelines (Please also read our terms and conditions at the bottom of this post):
- You must be aged 12 or under on the July 1st 2019 to enter.
- It must be a fictional story (or flash fiction), between 500-1,200 words.
- You can write about anything you like.
- All stories must be submitted in English.
- Entries can only be accepted online, submitted via our story creator.
- You must provide a valid parent’s/teacher’s email address to enter.
- Entries open on the 2nd March 2018 and the DEADLINE is midnight July 1st 2019 (GMT time).
- We will extend the deadline if we do not get a minimum of 20 different entries from 20 different users.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria
- If you are an adult, either a parent or teacher submitting on behalf of your child, please can you create an account, selecting the under 12 age group option on the registration form. Otherwise your entry will not count if you are over the age of 12.
Finally, if you have any questions relating to our short story competition for young writers, please email us at: email@example.com
How to Enter the Competition
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to enter our short story competition for kids:
Step 2: Go to the story creator.
Step 3: Complete all the required fields (create your cover) and begin writing your story.
Step 4: Publish your story (at least 500 words) and fill in the details.
Step 5: Enter an adults email address (parent, teacher or guardian), tick the box to confirm your entry and your done!
We will send an email to confirm your entry to the competition within 7 days of submitting your entry.
The Winning Prize
Because this is a Dr. Seuss day writing competition, the winner will receive not one, but TWO awesome Dr. Seuss books! The books are… The Cat in the Hat and One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Both these books are timeless classics and a massive joy to read! So go on getting writing your short story to win these awesome Dr. Seuss books.
Good luck to everyone participating and we look forward to reading all your wonderful stories!
Terms and Conditions:
Please read these carefully before entering our short story competition for kids:
- A total of ONE winner will be selected.
- Parents/teachers will get an email to confirm that the child has submitted an entry for the competition. They have the right to email back and retract the entry.
- The winner will receive two Dr. Seuss books: The Cat in the Hat and One Fish, Two fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (ONE copy of each).
- This competition is only opened to full-time UK residents and The prize is completely free, meaning there are NO extra costs associated with winning i.e delivery is free etc.
- If you live outside the UK, please do not enter, as we will not deliver the prize to anyone outside of the UK.
- Winners will be contacted via email (so, please provide a valid email address when you submit your entry).
- Winners will be asked for their full name, email address to be contacted on, their home address to deliver the prize to and photos of themselves with the prize.
- Imagine Forest reserves the right to publish the names of the winners on it’s blog, newsletters and other promotional material.
- Entries must be original pieces of fiction. This means no mention of real events or real celebrities/famous names (e.g. Charles Darwin).
- The competition will end midnight on 1st July 2019 (GMT time).
- The competition deadline will keep on extending, until Imagine Forest receives at least 20 different entries from 20 different users.
- One user can submit as many stories as they like. But only ONE story will be picked as the winner.
- Entries copying other stories or infringing copyright in any way, including use of copyrighted images/illustration/text will be removed from the competition and website.
- Entries can only be accepted online via our story creator We do not allow postal or email entries.
- All entries will appear on our public library
- By submitting your entry, the entrant agrees to allow Imagine Forest to make relevant changes or edits to the story, such as fixing typos, spelling mistakes, removing unsuitable images and so on.
- Unsuccessful entries will be emailed with feedback.
- Entries must NOT include any adult content, offensive language or any other information deemed to be unsuitable for children.
- The winner will be announced at the latest 4 weeks after the competition deadline.
- The winner will be notified within 2 weeks of the competition deadline.
- If you have been selected as the winner, you will have a maximum of 7 days to reply to our email. If you do not reply, Imagine Forest has the right to select another winner in which they will have 7 days to reply and so on.
- Imagine Forest will deal with all communications via email, if you have any questions or concerns please email: firstname.lastname@example.org