It’s every child’s dream to enter a fantasy world with a talking lion, an ice queen, sword fighting and of course snow! The Chronicles of Narnia is one of the most memorable stories and book series of all time. It teaches kids that you’re never too old for a good adventure, to never give up, to be honest, and always be forgiving and so much more. To celebrate the birthday of C.S Lewis on the 29th November, here is a list of 5 writing activities inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia. These writing activities are great for everyone, whether you’ve read the books or not!
5 Writing Activities Inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia
1. Draw your own magical world, inside a wardrobe and describe it. You can even use our worksheet!
2. Using the following quotes from the Chronicles of Narnia books. Can you write your own magical short story (less than 500 words)?
“Peter did not feel very brave; indeed, he felt he was going to be sick. But that made no difference to what he had to do.”
“Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy.”
Lucy woke out of the deepest sleep you can imagine, with the feeling that the voice she liked best in the world had been calling her name.”
“This was bad grammar of course, but that is how beavers talk when they are excited; I mean, in Narnia–in our world they usually don’t talk at all.
Hint: You can use these quotes as story starters to begin your story.
3. Write an acrostic poem, using the following words: Narnia, Aslan, Wardrobe, Edmund, Lamppost and Beaver.
4. Write a journal entry for your first day In Narnia. How did you feel? What did you see? What did you enjoy doing? Did anything make you feel scared?
5. Aslan has been captured by the Ice Queen. Write out a game plan to rescue Aslan. You can even draw diagrams and illustrations to support your plan.
Have you got any Chronicles of Narnia inspired writing activities?
Do you have any more ideas for writing activities relating to the Chronicles of Narnia? Let us know in the comments below.