10 Writing Prompts About Dogs for Kids
Few weeks ago we shared our 10 writing prompts about cats. It’s only fair to share you our 10 writing prompts about dogs this week. Through the hard times and the good times, man’s best friend, Dogs have accompanied their owners through it all. To honour this beautiful bond between dog and man, National Dog Day is celebrated on the 26th August. This is the day to appreciate the love and loyalty of these spectacular animals. Here at Imagine Forest, we appreciate these beautiful creatures the Imagine Forest way. That’s through creative writing! To help you write some “dog-terrific” stories we created some awesome writing prompts for kids. To celebrate man’s best friend on National Dog day, use these 10 writing prompts about dogs for kids.
10 Writing Prompts about Dogs for Kids:
- Write a step by step guide on how to train a dog.
- A hurricane destroyed a whole city. Write a story about a search and rescue dog.
- Write from the perspective of a dog who hates dressing up in all the embarrassing costumes that their owner makes them.
- Write a story about a secret agent dog who solves crimes.
- You find out that your dog can speak. Write a conversation between you and your dog.
- Your dog finds a strange glowing object in your backyard. What happens next?
- What would it be like growing up as a puppy?
- Write a story of true friendship between a dog and a squirrel.
- Write a story about a dog who helps Santa deliver presents.
- By day your dog lays around the house, by night he saves lives.
How will you celebrate National Dog day? Will you be writing a poem or story about dogs? Our writing prompts about dogs for kids are the perfect tool for writing “dog-terrific” stories. You can even share your dog stories in the comments below.
Have you tried out our summer writing challenge yet? That’s 31 days of summer writing prompts!