To be a member of Imagine Forest, you must follow the following golden Rules.
If you are caught continuously breaking any of these rules, your account will get suspended. Please speak to a grown up if you do understand any of these rules.
You should also read our online safety guide for further tips on staying safe online.
- You must never share any personal information about yourself online, such as real name, address, phone number, email address, photographs and so on.
- Similarly, you must never ask other users (even if they are friends/classmates) for their personal information online (such as real name, address, phone number, email address, photographs and so on).
- You must not bully, abuse, harass, threaten or intimate your friends or other users of Imagine Forest.
- You must not bully, abuse, harass, threaten or intimate Imagine Forest team members, including Marty the Wizard.
- You must never share your friend code with strangers (or people you do not know or do not trust).
- You must never post your unique friend code and friendship question on public forums, websites or communities, as strangers can find your code and use it.
- You must never copy another user’s book word-to-word. Ideas can be re-written and re-used. But copying direct sentences from another book is forbidden. See copyright section for more details.
- You must not promote third-party websites, applications, tools and software.
- You must never publish offensive books directed at other users of Imagine Forest or the Imagine Forest team.
- Books containing bad language, adult themes and strong violence are not allowed on Imagine Forest.
- Content made for users aged 18 and over is not allowed on Imagine Forest.
- You should avoid posting spam books, comments and status updates. Spamming means to repeatedly write the same thing over and over again or to write some random gibberish that makes no sense.
And here are some general rules to follow when using the site:
- You must provide accurate information when signing-up to the site, including a valid email address and accurate age group.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username and account. You should not allow other users to use your account, and choose a strong password when signing up.
- You are responsible for keeping your Member password secure and for notifying the Imagine Forest team immediately if your account is “hacked”.
- You are responsible for keeping your own personal information safe online.
- You are solely responsible for how you use Imagine Forest, and the content you create or upload. This content may include (not limited to) text, books, images, links and so on.
- You must not use any automated system, spider or tool (or similar) to access Imagine Forest.
If you break any of the above rules, Imagine Forest will first give you a warning on your account. Continuous rule breaking will result in your account being suspended permanently. If you have any questions about these rules or any concerns, please contact our team.
Our goal is to create a safe and happy creative-writing community for you and your friends or classmates. If you are upsetting other members, you will be banned - Simple.