We at Imagine Forest would like to thank you for your interest in using our website.
We want to make sure that you feel settled in at Imagine Forest and that you understand the rules before joining our humble website.
In order to be a member of Imagineforest.com, you must accept the following terms and conditions
The following is an agreement between Imagine Forest (“us”, “our” and “we”), and
any person or other legal entity, (“you”, “your” or “account holder”) who wishes
to use the Imagine Forest website. Whether as the holder of an account on
the Site (“Member”) or merely to browse the website (Members and other users
of the Site are collectively described in this agreement as “Users”).
Imagine Forest is a website which allows members to write stories online and share them with other users. It also has a number of resources and activities to support aspiring writers.
Table of content:
- Acceptance of Terms
- Imagine Forest content
- User conduct
- Third Parties
- The Imagine Forest Blog
- Personal Information
- Content Contributed to the Site by Members
- What is Copyright?
- Copyright & Plagiarism
- Copyright of Books
- Intellectual Property Rights of Other
- Linking to Imagine Forest
- Changes to Terms
Acceptance of Terms
These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to all and any use of imagineforest.com.
This includes any postings, emails and other communications made to or using it.
If you use Imagineforest.com, you agree to comply with these terms.
If you do not accept these terms, then you should
leave this website and discontinue use of the services immediately.
Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you wish to
become a Member, communicate with other Members through the Site and make
full use of the Services, you must read this Agreement and indicate your
acceptance during the registration process.
Imagine Forest content
Unless permitted on this site, this website is for personal and non-commercial use only,
and may not be used for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement.
In addition, you may not reproduce, copy, duplicate, sell or resell any part of the Service.
Imagine Forest owns all materials that appear on this website, including any slogans, logos, designs, graphics, pictures, images, text, content, images or other materials. All such rights of Imagine Forest are hereby asserted and reserved, and you may not make any unauthorized use of the Content,
including using Content in a way that is likely to cause confusion among consumers,
using Content in a commercial manner, or otherwise infringing on Imagine Forest’s rights.
You are however, allowed to print the stories or books that you as a member of
Imagine Forest created on the website. These can only be used for personal use
and should not be sold or distributed to anyone else in a commercial setting.
Since Imagine Forest is a community site, we also use a range of emojis throughout the site, such as in the comments and status updates.
The emoji library we use is Twemoji, you can find licencing information about this library and more details here (https://twemoji.twitter.com/).
Rules of Imagine Forest
Please read this separate Rules Of Imagine Forest document for rules of the website.
These rules apply to all website visitors, including public visitors and members of Imagine Forest (Please ask a grown-up to read these for you, if you do not understand):
- You must submit the requested information to Imagine Forest during the registration process, including a correct email address. When such registration information is requested by the Service, the information you provide must be true, accurate, current, and complete.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username and account. You may not transfer your account.
- You are responsible for keeping your Member password secure and for notifying Imagine Forest immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any personal or personally identifiable data you upload and store on the Site and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws governing collection, storage, processing, use and transfer of such information.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct on the Site and use of the Service, and for any content, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files (collectively, “Content”), that you contribute to the Site.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Users of Imagine Forest
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International Users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not create or submit unwanted emails or other messages to any users of the Site.
- You may not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site.
- You may not use the Service to upload, transmit or link to Prohibited Content. Generally, Prohibited Content includes Content or other material that Imagine Forest believes:
- is abusive, deceptive, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, offensive, encourages conduct that would violate or violates any law, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- comprises material that is copyrighted or protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless express written permission of the owner is obtained to use the material and to grant all of the license rights granted herein;
- violates or otherwise encroaches on the rights of others;
- contains viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses or other forms of corruptive code, or any other content which may compromise the Service;
- advocates illegal activity;
- harms anyone, including minors; or
- provides a link to any of the above.
Imagine Forest has the sole discretion to determine whether Content is Prohibited Content, and any Content submitted to the Service may be subject to examination from time to time. Imagine Forest may delete, move, and edit Content for any reason, at any time, without notice. Imagine Forest in no way guarantees the accuracy, non-infringement, quality or appropriateness of Content available through the Service.
- You may not use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Imagine Forest servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser in ordinary and customary usage.
Any breach or non-compliance of any of these User Conduct terms will entitle
Imagine Forest to immediately and without notice (i) terminate any Member account,
which could result in the permanent loss of any data in the account and any User Content of the Member,
and (ii) block you from any further use of the Site and Service.
Using Friend Codes
What are friend codes?
Your friend code is a unique code containing numbers, letters and special characters. Along with this unique friend code, users must also set up a friendship question and answer. Both the unique friend code and friendship question, allow Imagine Forest users to safely socialise online with their verified friends (and not just random strangers). This also lowers the risk of online bullying, inappropriate content being viewed and any other offensive behavior.
To add friends on Imagine Forest, the user must enter their friend’s unique code, answer the friendship question correctly, and then wait until the other person accepts their friendship request. This process creates a safe and secure environment for our younger users. Only users which are your verified friends can view your profile, read your books and comment on them. Otherwise all user activity is private on Imagine Forest (excluding leaderboard data).
Friend Code Rules
Your unique friend code and friendship question are created to keep you safe online. For this reason, you must follow these important rules:
- Never share your unique friend code with strangers (people you do not know or do not trust).
- Never post your unique friend code and friendship question on public forums, websites or communities, as strangers can find your code and use it.
- Never accept friendship requests from people you do not know.
Please remember that your unique friend code has been created to keep you safe online. If you do not follow the above rules, your account could be banned for compromising your own safety and the safety of others online.
From time to time, we may provide links to third party websites, especially on our blog.
Those links are provided as a service to our users. We do not sponsor or endorse
those third parties, nor do we control their activities. You should review any website terms
and conditions, privacy policies, and other disclosures that those sites provide before interacting
with those third parties, or providing them with information about yourself. Please be aware that
The Imagine Forest Blog
These Terms also apply to use of our blog. You are responsible for any
comments you post here, Imagine Forest will not be held liable for any offensive or
illegal content (as described above). Any competitions ran on the blog, will
include their own terms and conditions within their blog post, along with a description of the prize.
Sometimes we ask to submit some personal information about yourself. Read our
Content Contributed to the Site by Members
The views expressed in stories are of the individual creators or
writers of those stories and not those of Imagine Forest, unless specified otherwise
by Imagine Forest. In particular but without limitation to the above Imagine Forest
are not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments,
views or remarks expressed in stories or books created by users of the website.
Imagine Forest give no warranty and make no representation as to the accuracy,
currency or validity of the information and material contained within the user
created stories and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a
result of any use of such material. It is also important to note that
Imagine Forest reserves the right to remove content from the Site at any time,
without notice, for any reason, or for no reason, in its sole discretion.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at
your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility
to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
What is Copyright?
Copyright protects writers or creators of content from having their work copied and shared without permission.
Copyright is automatically given to the creator of content, the moment the content is created or published.
In the case of Imagine Forest, a writer automatically gains copyright over their book the moment they hit the “Publish” button.
How does copyright protect your books? Here are some ways in which copyright protects the members on our site:
- It prevents other Imagine Forest members from copying text from your book.
- It stops users from sharing your book on third-party sites without the author’s permission.
- Users can not sell your book for money.
- Users can not make copies of your book and post them on the internet.
- Users can not read your book in public without the author’s permission.
Please remember that ideas can NOT be copyrighted. When an author writes a book on Imagine Forest, it is the text or sentences
that they used that are copyrighted ONLY. Also images used in books can not be copyrighted, as these are public domain, so anyone can use these.
Copyright & Plagiarism
Copyright is very important to Imagine Forest. All content on this website including blog posts,
printables and stories written by our users are copyrighted. Below are our general rules in regards to copyright.
- You can not share content, such as PDFs, printables and stories by our members on third-party (external) websites without written permission from Imagine Forest.
- If you receive permission from Imagine Forest to share content on your site, then you MUST attribute our site as the original source of the content AND provide a do-follow link back to our website.
- You CAN NOT copy and paste any content from our site onto your external site. This includes everything from website copy to stories written by our users. If you are caught copying our content, you will be asked to remove it straight away. Failure to remove this content could result in legal action.
- Copyright to all content, including books by our users ultimately belongs to Imagine Forest. This means users (and members) can not sell books created on Imagine Forest or share them on third-party sites without written permission from Imagine Forest.
- Schools and educators must contact Imagine Forest before using any material on this site in their learning material or on their website.
Copyright of Books
Apart from general copyright guidelines, we also have specific guidelines for stories and books
written by our users/members. Below are our copyright guidelines relating to books published on Imagine Forest:
- If another user on Imagine Forest copies your book, you can report that book and it will be removed from the public library. The "Report" button can be found under every book in the library.
- Alternatively, if your book on Imagine Forest gets copied by a third-party (external) website, please let our team know (Contact details). Our team will then contact that website owner asking them to remove your content. If they fail to remove the copied content, we can take legal action against them.
- The download option for books should only ever be used for PERSONAL USE ONLY (commercial use is NOT allowed). For example, a user can print out our books to read at home before bedtime.
- The downloadable PDFs must NOT ever be shared online on other (external) websites without proper attribution to the original author and a do-follow link back to the Imagine Forest website. Failure to do so can result in legal action.
- The read-only option is there for users with a slow internet connection or for users who are using a text-to-speech program on their computer. This read-only version MUST NOT be copied by other users or other external websites on the internet.
- The safest way to share books created on Imagine Forest is by using the share option under each book in the library. This share option clearly includes a link back to our site.
- All downloaded books (PDFs) and books viewed on this site have an Imagine Forest copyright in the footer of each page, this must not be changed or removed.
- Finally, if members/users of Imagine Forest write a book copying text from another (external) website, this is against our rules. Please contact our team immediately, so the book can be deleted off our website.
Please Note: Failing to follow these results can result in legal action against you, as it is illegal to copy or plagiarise the content on another website without written permission from the owner.
Intellectual Property Rights of Others
Imagine Forest respects intellectual property rights.
If you believe that any Content on this Site infringes on another's intellectual
property rights you may email us at info(at)imagineforest.com.
Imagine Forest reserves the right to remove Content and User Content without prior notice.
Imagine Forest may also terminate a Users’ access to the Site, immediately and without notice,
if Imagine Forest believes, in its sole discretion that the User is infringing any third party rights (
including but not limited to any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, other intellectual property rights,
moral rights, privacy rights or publicity rights).
The Imagine Forest website will be maintained on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
Imagine Forest gives no guarantee that the website will always be available, or that it will work perfectly.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Imagine Forest exclude liability for any loss or damage
of any kind arising out of your use of Imagineforest.com. We will not be liable to you in respect
of any loss or corruption of any data on the site or any stories you created.
Imagine Forest has the right to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove,
cancel or suspend access to and use of Imagineforest.com for any reason, including
if you break the rules or these Terms, if Imagineforest.com is bought by another company, or for any other reason.
Linking to Imagine Forest
Anyone linking to imagineforest.com must not imply or suggest affiliations
to Imagine Forest that do not exist, and the link may not refer to or portray Imagine Forest
in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive manner.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website
is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Changes to Terms
Imagine Forest may make alterations to these Terms from time to time.
These changes shall become effective immediately as soon as they are posted on this site.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be sent by email to: info(at)imagineforest.com
Date Last Updated: 10th Oct 2020