Imagine Forest Nominated for Liebster Award
First of all a huge shout out to PetitePepper for nominating us! We would like to especially thank you for your kind nomination and mentioning us on your blog post. For those of you who are not familiar with Susan or Petite Pepper, here’s a quick low down. Susan is a mom lifestyle blogger. She blogs about everything from pregnancy to her travels with her family. We especially love reading her tips on her first year of pregnancy. You can get to know her on her wonderful blog.
About the Liebster Award:
The Liebster awards is a great opportunity for new bloggers to get their blog out there in the community. It is also a great way of promoting your blog and getting more readers. The award was originally given to blogs with less than 2,000 readers, but now blogs with less than 200 readers can get nominated. If you have been nominated, please follow these rules to see what you need to do next.
Many of you might not be familiar with Imagine Forest, so here are a couple of random facts about us:
- Imagine Forest was founded in 2015 by Safia Begum after graduating from university.
- Marty the Wizard is a fictional character created by me to get kids writing (that’s why our on social media and on blog posts you see this name).
- I have been writing for a really long time (I can’t even remember how long).
- I really, really love story-telling! And I want others to see the joy in stories. I even created the Story Saturday weekly writing challenge. This is where writers from around the world share their stories based on writing prompts set by me.
- When I’m not writing, I love to illustrate. You can see some of my artwork here.
- My favourite author of all time is Dr. Seuss. I have always been inspired by his creativity and talent in writing stories.
- I have read every single Dr. Seuss and Roald Dahl book (Well…at least I think I have).
- I love the word ‘wondercrump’ (Thank you, Roald Dahl for inventing this word).
Questions from the Petite Pepper:
To accept the Liebster award, Petite Pepper asked me the following questions.
Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have ever visited?
Sadly, I never had the privilege of visiting any beaches yet. But If I ever get the time or money I would love to visit Makua Beach in Hawaii. I’ve seen it in a magazine and always thought it would be a cool place to visit.
What is your favourite post from your blog and why?
It has to be my Winnie the Pooh quotes post. I love this post because most people don’t realise the beautiful messages that stories can teach us.And this post really shows that both kids and grownups can learn so much from books.
What makes you laugh out loud?
Hard question, I would have to say watching my favourite film of all time ‘Matilda’.
If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go and why?
Only one trip! I would have to say central Germany where the fairy-tale route is because I’m a big fan of fairy-tales.
What is the greatest thing that has happened to you this month?
How do you start your day?
I have a pretty normal start to my day. I get up, go to the bathroom and get breakfast ready. Then eat and get to work.
Why did you start your blog? Where do you see it a year from now?
I started the Imagine Forest blog to share my love of writing stories with the world and to encourage kids to get writing. We are launching our online creative writing community for young writers soon, which will be aimed at helping kids write through offering them daily inspirational resources. If you’re interested, sign up to our newsletter!
How do you spend a rainy day?
Reading, of course! I have tons of books and love reading children’s classics, such as the railway children.
Name 3 qualities that describe you.
Super creative, intelligent and friendly.
Best advice you’ve ever gotten
From Winnie the Pooh, “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” I really love this quote, as it always makes me feel better during hard times.
My Nominee Picks:
I have selected my nominees based on individuals who deserved to be promoted and share the same values as me. I encourage you to check these amazing blogs out and follow them!
Kaitlyn from The Ordinary Home
Victoria from The Growing Mum
Kate from Mummy Kate blog
Danni from the Dancing Mummy
Julie from The Psycho Parents
Jennevie from Jenv T Corre’s Wall
Fiona from The Mummy Consultancy Blog
Saffron from Pixie Bow UK
Questions for my Nominees
- What is your favourite children’s book?
- What is your favourite children’s book character?
- What inspires you to write your posts and how do you deal with writer’s block?
- What was the best advice you ever received?
- What made you start blogging? Where do you see yourself in a year from now?
- Can you give one tip to other bloggers?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
What to do next?
If you have been nominated for the Liebster award, head over to the Global Aussie website to read the rules and what to do next. Also, please can you leave a comment, letting me know that you have accepted my nomination? I look forward to reading your post.