15 Easter Writing Prompts to Get Your Kids Writing
The sweetest holiday of them, Easter is coming up! I know many of you will be busy hunting for chocolate eggs and chasing the Easter bunny around. But if you do have some spare time, why not get writing? Our writing prompts cover the true meaning of Easter to chocolate eggs and Easter bunnies. And you don’t have to write long stories with hundreds of words, you could write a short poem or a card for your friends and family. To help you out, here are 15 Easter writing prompts to get you inspired for the Easter holidays.
15 Easter Writing Prompts
These Easter writing prompts cover everything from the true meaning of Easter to fun Easter bunnies and colourful eggs.
- Easter celebrates, the resurrection of Jesus. This resurrection established Jesus as the powerful Son of God and is cited as proof that God will judge the world in righteousness. If you could go back in time to this very day, what would you feel, see and experience?
- You wake up on Easter to discover that you have become the Easter bunny. What would your day be like as an Easter bunny? Describe your experience.
- How do you celebrate Easter? Do you have any family traditions on that day? What do you eat? What do you wear? Do you go anywhere special?
- Easter is all about miracles. What miracle do you hope to see this Easter? Or you could write about a miracle that you may have already experienced.
- Why do you think that Easter egg hunting is only done during Easter?
- Complete the sentence, I love Easter because… What do you love the most about Easter? Is it the chocolate bunnies, Easter egg hunting, egg decorating or something else?
- Write a step-by-step guide to organising the best Easter egg hunt ever? Where would you hide the eggs? Would you use special colours on the eggs?
- Some of the colours used during Easter include red, white, purple, pink, green and yellow. What do you think these colours mean?
- Easter egg decoration is a fun Easter Activity. How do you decorate your Easter eggs? What colours do you use? Do you use any decorations? What patterns do you paint?
- During an egg hunt, you find a magical glowing egg. What happened next? Did anything interesting come out of the egg? Why was it glowing? Does it have magical powers?
- Write a letter to the Easter Bunny. You can ask him about where he lives? What does he do when Easter ends? How does he celebrate the holiday?
- What do you think the history of the Easter bunny is? Where did he come from?
- Write a poem using the words eggs, bunny and resurrection.
- Finish this sentence in 10 different ways: I woke up on Easter morning and saw…
- The Easter bunny is normally the face of Easter. Imagine if another animal was the face of Easter. What animal would you choose to represent Easter and why? How would this animal change Easter?
Share your Easter stories with us!
How will you be celebrating Easter? Got any interesting Easter stories? Share them with us in the comments below. In the meantime, you can check out these 10 Easter books for kids aged between 8 and 11.